Join our premium tour of the beautiful Yorkshire countryside where you can discover the amazing North York Moors, spend time in the wonderful coastal town of Whitby and take an unforgettable steam train ride through…
The Castle Howard Tour
- Discover Castle Howard, Yorkshire’s finest stately home, on this half-day tour from York
- See the beautiful countryside and quaint Yorkshire villages on a scenic driving route to Castle Howard
- Introduction to Castle Howard from your guide and three hours to explore the house, grounds, and gardens
- Duration: 4 hours
- Available Monday, Wednesday and Saturday (April-October)
- Tour Only
- Tour + Entrance Tickets
Castle Howard Tour From York Summary
Enhance your visit to York with a trip to Castle Howard, Yorkshire’s finest stately home, on this fascinating half-day tour from York.
Discover Yorkshire’s finest stately home on this popular half-day tour to Castle Howard. Recommended by Castle Howard, this tour starts and ends in York city centre and offers you the opportunity to enjoy a visit to the magnificent country estate and family home of the Howard family.
The tour begins outside York Minster in the very heart of York city centre, where you meet your guide and board the minibus for a scenic drive through the countryside. Our journey to Castle Howard takes us on a scenic drive through pretty villages and across the open countryside of North Yorkshire. We find rolling hills and spectacular views as we make our way into the Howardian Hills, an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty surrounding the expansive Castle Howard estate.
The estate covers almost 9,000 acres and has an outstanding variety of treasures to explore. Famously used as ‘Brideshead’ in the TV and film adaptations of Brideshead Revisited, Castle Howard is unquestionably Yorkshire’s finest stately home – a real pleasure to visit at all times of year. During our three-hour visit to Castle Howard you can walk through the fantastic sprawling estate, enjoying beautiful and unspoilt views of the farmland and countryside surrounding the estate. You can stroll through the walled gardens, take a walk around the south lake and across the manicured gardens surrounding the famous Atlas Fountain. You could discover the fascinating variety of rare plants and trees in Ray Wood and enjoy a relaxing drink at the Boathouse Cafe and terrace. Your visit inside the house takes you on a tour through the history of Castle Howard as you explore one of the UK’s finest stately homes. Your visit to Castle Howard will be complemented by the expert knowledge and informative commentary of the Castle Howard guides, situated in many of the rooms throughout the house.
- Return travel from York – city centre pick-up and drop-off beside York Minster
- Scenic driving route to Castle Howard – see the amazing countryside on the way to Castle Howard
- The services of a local guide throughout the day
- Introduction and orientation at Castle Howard on arrival
- Discounted entrance tickets for Castle Howard available – save £5 money on the entrance price